It is a group of tests for applicants to teaching positions in the public education sector. The tests measure the extent to which minimum requirements are satisfied in applicants to teaching positions. Such requirements include the basic knowledge and skills of the teaching profession. Results of the tests are used in the hiring procedures of educational jobs by the relevant entities at the Ministry of Education and Civil Service. The tests include a general component that examines common educational and pedagogical skills, in addition to multiple specialized tests (27 specialties) that cover most school subjects.
The tests consist of two parts as the following:
- General test.
- Specialty test.
Each test includes 75 questions except for Mathematics and Physics where they include 60 questions.
It covers the general educational fields in which all teaching majors are involved including:
- Professional knowledge
- Learning enhancement
- Learning support
- Professional responsibility
These fields are measured according to 11 specific standards and percentages as the following :
- Knowing the student and his way of learning 11%
- The knowledge of Linguistic and quantitative skills 16%
- The knowledge of General teaching methods and approaches 15%
- The knowledge of Preparing integrated learning programs 7%
- Creating opportunities to enhance students learning 11%
- Evaluating students learning and providing them with a constructive feedback 13%
- Creating a safe and supportive learning environment 8%
- Establishing high expectations and learning – supportive culture 5%
- Work integration and developing a relationship with parents, custodians and community 5%
- Continuous development of professional knowledge and practices 4%
- The knowledge of the professional requirements of Saudi teacher 5%