The test has 90 questions divided into three sections:
First section: This section addresses the personality and social skills, such as, the ability to carry out tasks, interpersonal skills, and respecting others.
Second section: This section addresses technical skills, such as, the ability to carry out tourists programs, field performance skills, and decision making.
Third section: This section includes general information questions, such as, geography, history, archeological, and knowing the best tourist attraction spots.
- Personality and social skills:
This section assesses the personality and the necessary social skills, such as:
- Carrying out responsibilities and tasks.
- The ability to deal with tourists from different backgrounds.
- Good behavior in different situations.
- Caring for personal attributes ( looks, hygiene, ..)
- Respect the tourists and their culture, no matter how diverse.
This section measures the availability of the necessary skills related to the tour guiding field, such as:
- Ensuring the availability of the proper operational planning in tourism programs.
- Proper field execution of tourism programs.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Dealing with the related parties and institutions.
- Taking care of tourists.
- Understanding the rules and regulations of the tour guide industry.
- Deliver a proper amount of information regarding the rules and regulations that they must follow.
- Using modern technology in order to assist in the tour guiding process.
- Safety and security skills in dangerous situations.
- Reading maps, and identifying directions.
This section measures the amount of understanding the tour guide has about historical, geographical, and archeological information, that are required in the field, such as:
- General geographical information about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- General information about the history of the Kingdom.
- General information about the archeological spots in the Kingdom.
- General information about the traditions and the cultural diversity in the kingdom.
- General information about the geographical tourist attraction spots.
- General information about the historical tourist attraction spots.
- General information about the archeological tourist attraction spots.
- General information about transportation methods, their timings and expenses.
- General information about the services available, such as: Hotels and accommodations, their locations, prices, and their contact information.
- General information about world geography.
Requirements to enter the test:
- The approval of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities.
- Reaching the testing center at least half an hour before the test starts.
- Bringing the original national ID card, and a hard copy of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities approval.
- Any other requirements by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities.